Hysterical Pollyanna


Oh my god! This, so called, Pollyanna picture was attached on the wall of my daughter's school. Do you think she is healthy? This picture reminds me the dialog from Fight Club:

TYLER: Two, equal parts gasoline and diet cola. Three, dissolve kitty-litterin gasoline until the mixture is thick.

JACK: Pardon me?

Tyler turns to Jack.

JACK (V.O.): This is how I met --

TYLER: Tyler Durden.

Tyler offers his hand. Jack takes it.

TYLER: You know why they have oxygen masks on planes?

JACK: No, supply oxygen?

TYLER: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, we're taking giant, panicked breaths...

Tyler grabs a safety instruction CARD from the seatback, hands it to Jack.

TYLER: Suddenly, we become euphoic and docile. We accept our fate.

Tyler points to passive faces on the drawn figures.

TYLER: Emergency water landing, 600 miles per hour. Blank faces -- calm as Hindu cows.

Jack laughs.

JACK: What do you do, Tyler?

TYLER: What do you want me to do?

JACK: I mean -- for a living.

TYLER: Why? So you can say, "Oh, that's what you do." -- And be a smug littleshit about it?

Jack laughs. Tyler reaches under the seat in front of him and lifts a BRIEFCASE.

TYLER: You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

No comments: